Before your septoplasty or rhinoplasty procedure at Boulder Plastic Surgery, there are a few things you need to know. When scheduling your surgery, our nurse and office manager will complete the arrangements as well as provide you with specific instructions. These will be reconfirmed with you via telephone and/or by letter. Our staff will do everything they can to meet your requests, but because the schedules of the doctors, surgical facility, and anesthesia have to be coordinated, this may take some time.
To ensure the best possible outcome, our patients must undergo several routine tests to check for any issues that may hinder your anesthesia or surgery. Those tests include:
- Blood counts and blood chemistry
- A pregnancy test if applicable
- An electrocardiogram for patients over 50 years old
There are several important items to remember before your scheduled procedure:
- For two weeks prior to your surgery, do not take any aspirin or medication that contains aspirin because it can interfere with normal blood clotting.
- To safely administer anesthesia, it is important not to eat or drink anything eight hours before your surgery.
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing the day of your procedure. Clothing with buttons that does not have to be put on or taken off over the head is best.
- Be sure to have a ride home after the surgery and someone to remain with you the night of your procedure.
Here at Boulder Plastic Surgery, we believe that proper nutrition is vital to remarkable surgical outcomes. That is why we use a three phase healing system for the best possible results. You will start the program about a week or so before your procedure, which helps to boost your immune system as well as rid your body of anything that could increase bleeding or impede anesthesia. Once your surgery is complete, we will give you nutrients that will help minimize inflammation and pain as well as detoxify other medications and the anesthesia. For a quick recovery, we provide you with healing nutrients in the third phase.
Choose Boulder Plastic Surgery
With our focus on the individual needs of our patients, Denver and Boulder area residents can trust the board certified doctors at Boulder Plastic Surgery. For more information, call (303) 578-4193 or schedule an appointment online.