As we age, our skin begins to change on a cellular level, leaving us with irregular skin tone and coloration, as well as the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The use of Broad Band Light Phototherapy has been shown to reduce the appearance of these conditions, as well as many others, with consistent use and follow-up care.
Broad Band Light –or BBL –is a cutting edge non-invasive skin regeneration treatment that changes the gene expression of older, damaged skin cells, changing them to more closely resemble younger skin.
Skin Conditions That Can Benefit From BBL/IPL
Forever Young BBL treatment uses Broad Band Light to effectively treat a variety of problematic skin conditions, including but not limited to the following:
- Acne: Age, stress, poor diet, and hormonal changes can combine to contribute to the presence of acne, which can lead to scarring if not treated.
- Rosacea: Redness, flushing, and the appearance of tiny blood vessels and acne.
- Sun Damage: Freckles, uneven pigmentation, and uneven texture due to excessive time spent in the sun.
- Age Spots: Irregular pigmentation to the hands and arms due to aging and overexposure to the sun.
- Hyperpigmentation: Darkening of the skin due to an increased, uneven distribution of melanin.
- Enlarged pore size: Genetics and aging can lead to enlarged pores of the face and neck that can affect the skin’s texture and appearance.
- Rough Skin Texture: A number of factors can cause the skin to lose smoothness, including age, medication, and poor health.
- Scarring: Trauma, childbirth, and surgery can all leave their mark on the body, causing thickened, damaged areas of skin.
The BBL/IPL Difference
BBL utilizes dual-lamp technology, with each lamp supplying half of the energy required during the light pulse. BBL delivers a pulse of energy to the underlying tissue with a precisely measured light burst. The pulse that the Forever Young BBL delivers is adjusted ten times within each pulse to ensure the most consistent result from the treatment. Other systems deliver only single or double pulse, reducing the effectiveness of the treatment.
The benefits of the BBL dual-lamp technology are many:
- More Rapid Results: Because of the increased energy supplied with each pulse, patients can see dramatic results in as few as 1-2 sessions.
- Minimal Discomfort: Unlike more invasive treatments, which remove the uppermost layer of skin to stimulate collagen production, Forever Young BBL treatments stimulate the dermis, leaving the epidermis largely intact. This allows patients to return to their normal routine.
- Long Lasting Effects: Patients who followed more than a decade after treatment still reported seeing benefits from BBL treatment.
- Quick Treatment: The average treatment time for a full facial is typically under an hour.
- Effective on all Areas of the Body: BBL treatment can be used on the hands, face, chest, or any other area the patient sees the need for skin rejuvenation.
What to Expect From BBL Treatment
Each BBL treatment takes from 15 to 30 minutes, depending upon the size of the area. The entire procedure, from preparation to completion, should take under an hour.
Immediately following BBL treatment patients will notice that the skin appears flushed, and certain dark spots may intensify. This is temporary and should resolve completely within 10-14 days.
Within a few weeks, the patient should notice significant lightening and brightening of the skin, as well as a reduction in the appearance of dark spots and acne.
Best results are achieved after multiple treatments, typically between 3 and 5, over the course of several months.
Schedule a Consultation and Learn More
To learn more about Forever Young BBL, and to see if it is right for treating your particular skin condition, contact our offices at (303) 578-4193 and schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.