Sciton is the first and only tunable hybrid fractional laser. Designed to combine ablative and non-ablative wavelengths in a single pass of the handheld wand, the Scion Halo provides the most effective skin rejuvenation treatment currently available. Its simplified process allows the operator to maximize the results of the procedure while being able to minimize the recovery time needed following its use.
Types of Skin Conditions Halo Can Treat
Due to the unique nature of the dual wavelength technology the hybrid laser utilizes, the Doctor is able to provide patients with a fully customizable experience based on the condition of their skin, the desired outcome of the procedure, and the anticipated recovery schedule.
Skin conditions that can benefit from the use of dual wavelength hybrid fractional laser treatment include:
- Oversized pores: A result of aging, genetics, and sun exposure, enlarged pores can increase the frequency of acne breakouts and affect the smooth appearance of skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Over time, the skin loses elasticity and the ability to readily repair itself. Because of this, fine lines begin to appear around the eyes and mouth of some patients as early as their 20s.
- Uneven skin tone: While no one’s skin is perfectly even, sun exposure, illness, and some medications can produce marked differences in skin tone that can add years to the appearance.
- Age Spots: As we age, skin pigmentation can change over our bodies, causing the appearance of darker spots to form. These “age spots” can be unsightly and add years to an otherwise healthy, youthful appearance.
- Hyperpigmentation due to sun damage: Typically an issue on the hands, neck, and face, hyperpigmentation can add years and give skin a rough, unpleasant tone.
- Scars: A variety of conditions, illness, acne, surgery, or accident can lead to disfiguring skin changes (scaring) that can have a heavy impact on self-confidence.
What to Expect During Halo Laser Treatment and Recovery
The handheld Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser combines the benefits of ablative and non-ablative procedures by focusing the laser’s energy at the deeper collagen layer of the skin, limiting any harm to the outer surface of the skin.
Patients can expect treatment to last 30-45 minutes, depending upon the size and scope of the area to be treated. Additional in-office recovery time should last approximately 30 minutes as the skin is gradually cooled with moving air and a mineral water mist.
Before leaving the office, a restorative skin cream will be applied to the treated area to retain moisture and help with healing. Redness and swelling are common and should subside within a day or so. Patients may also notice unusual warmth to the area for 12-24 hours post-procedure.
Two to three days after the procedure, patients will begin to notice tiny dark spots and bronzing of the skin in the treated area. This is a result of the collagen layer of the skin rebuilding, forcing out treated tissues. The skin rejuvenation will become rough and dry and begin to peel in the treated area. This is normal and can last 5-7 days on the face, and up to 2 weeks in other areas. The skin will appear slightly pink after this tissue is removed.
Generous use of sunscreen is an absolute must during the first three months following the procedure, and strongly suggested after that, to protect your skin rejuvenation!
Schedule a Consultation to Learn More
To learn more about Sciton Halo Fractional Laser skin treatment or skin rejuvenation, schedule a consultation with one of our board certified plastic surgeons online or contact our offices at (303) 578-4193. Our skilled surgeons, Dr. Kuisle and Dr. Hartley have the credentials, certifications, and experience to guarantee the best possible outcome from your procedure and look forward to sharing that expertise with you.