Minimally Invasive Whole Body Procedure
Guideline For Vitamins & Supplements For Your Surgery
We believe that good nutrition is an important component to excellent surgical outcomes. Please review the following guidelines and begin appropriately.
The Basics Protocol:
Multiple studies show that most Americans aren’t getting the recommended daily intake of necessary vitamins and minerals much less the optimal amount. These suboptimal levels of nutrients have been linked with major diseases from heart disease to cancer.
Pre & Post Surgery Program:
We use a three phase healing program to help you recover more quickly and with less downtime. We have you start this a week or so ahead of time to ensure that your are boosting your body’s immune system and removing anything that could interfere with anesthesia or increasing bleeding time. Immediately following surgery we give you nutrients that help reduce pain and inflammation and detoxify the anesthesia and other meds. The third phase has additional healing nutrients to support your recovery.
Start a approximate 2 weeks prior to surgery:
- Multivitamin: High potency, Antioxidant-rich, mineral-rich vegetable source. 2 tabs per day.
- Vitamin C: Promotes wound healing, protects against bruising; antioxidant protection. 2, 500 mg capsules per day.
- Zinc/Glutamine/Q-avail: High tissue concentrations of these nutrients prior to surgery aids in faster healing time and in the rebuilding of tissues.
- Zinc: 1 tsp twice a day.
- Glutamine: 1 tsp twice a day.
- Q-avail soft gels: 1 tab twice a day.
- GPC: GlyceroPhosphoCholine is a nutrient that helps protect the brain when undergoing anesthesia. 1 tab twice a day.
Supplements to AVOID to assure safety
- Ginger, Garlic, Gingko, Cayenne, Bilberry, E (over 800 IU): Can inhibit clot formation.
- Ginseng: Causes episodes of hypertension and rapid heartbeats.
- St. John’s Wort: Can prolong the effects of narcotic drugs and anesthetic agents.
- Ma Huang or Ephedra: Can cause high blood pressure, irregular heart rates, insomnia, nervousness, tremors, headaches, seizures, heart attacks, strokes and death.
- Kava Kava and Valerian: Have tranquilizing properties and should not be used with other sedatives.
- Yohimbe and Licorice Root: May increase the potency of anesthetics.
- Melatonin: Decreases the amount of anesthesia needed for surgery.
- Fish oils and Flax oils: Inhibit platelet adhesion and aggregation; excessive doses can inhibit wound healing.
Acute Post Surgery:
- CoQ 10: Stimulates cell growth 1 tab twice a day
- Glutamine: Helps prevent tissue/protein catabolism (breakdown) after surgery. 1 tsp twice a day.
- Arginine: Helps in wound healing and stimulates collagen. 1 tab three times per day.
- Grape Seed: Reduces collagen breakdown by inhibiting enzymes that degrade collagen. Grape seed is a natural anti-inflammatory and is also neuro-protective. 1 tab three times per day.
- GPC: Neuro-protective nutrient post anesthesia. 1 tab twice per day.
- MSM: Helps minimize bruising, pain, swelling, and scar tissue. 2 tabs twice per day.
- Vitamin C: Essential vitamin that aids in wound healing and collagen. 2 capsules per day.
- Glucosamine: Glucosamine is an important building block needed by the body to manufacture specialized molecules required for wound healing. 1 tab twice per day.
- Arnica 30X: Homeopathic; helps reduce discomfort, bruising, and swelling of soft tissue. (Not included in your supplement package).
- Milk Thistle: A cleansing herb that supports the liver (as needed).
- To avoid constipation, drink fluids, eat fruit, and supplement with Milk of Magnesia, or Smooth Move Tea, or laxative of choice.
2 to 8 weeks post surgery as needed for healing:
- Grape Seed Supreme: 1 tab three times a day until bottle is gone.
- Zinc: 1 tsp twice per day.
- Vitamin C: 2 tabs twice per day.
- MSM: 2 tabs twice per day.
- Inflammatone: Natural anti-inflammatory that helps minimize pain and swelling. 2 tabs twice per day on empty stomach.
- Krill Oil: Essential vitamin that aids in wound healing and collagen synthesis. 2 tabs twice per day.
Your professionalism and work are unsurpassed — your sincere warmth and caring, patience and support mean so much — more than I can say. You’re very special — I am so grateful. MK
*ALL SUPPLEMENTS ARE INCLUDED IN OUR PROGRAM. YOU WILL RECEIVE THE SUPPLEMENTS DURING YOUR FIRST NUTRITION CONSULTATION.
Additional supplements are available on an individual basis for an additional fee.
Forms & Documents
Please ask your physician or our office for the required documents for this procedure.