For Denver and Boulder area residents preparing for breast augmentation, there are several significant factors that must be addressed. From necessary procedures prior to the surgery to how proper nutrition will benefit you, it is important to follow your doctor’s instructions to ensure the best possible outcome. If you will soon be having breast augmentation surgery, here are a few things you should know.
Proper Nutrition Leads to Optimal Results
Here at Boulder Plastic Surgery, we consider good nutrition one of the most essential components of outstanding surgical outcomes. That is why we employ a three phase healing program. About a week prior to your surgery, we provide you with nutritional supplements that encourage speedy healing. Following your surgery, we will also give you nutrients proven to reduce inflammation and pain as well as detoxify the body from anesthesia or other medication. Phase three involves nutrients that support recovery.
What to Expect Before Your Breast Augmentation
Prior to the procedure, your doctor may:
- Send you for a medical evaluation or lab testing.
- Ask you to take certain medications or adjust current medications.
- Encourage you to stop smoking.
- Suggest a baseline mammogram so that it is easier to detect changes in breast tissue in the future.
- Tell you to avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal supplements, and aspirin, which can increase bleeding.
The Day of the Surgery
- It is recommended that you wear loose fitting clothing when you arrive for surgery. A comfortable shirt with buttons is preferred.
- Before the surgery, the doctor will meet with you briefly to address any final questions.
- Remember to arrange for someone to drive you home following your surgery and to remain with you the night of the procedure.
- To help minimize excitement or nerves, a sedative is usually prescribed. If you have any questions about the anesthesia, our anesthesiologist is here to help.
Contact Boulder Plastic Surgery
If you are in the Denver or Boulder area and would like to know more about what you can expect before and after breast augmentation, be sure to set up an appointment at Boulder Plastic Surgery by calling (303) 578-4193. Dr. Kuisle or Dr. Hartley will be glad to address any questions or concerns that you may have.