Boulder Plastic Surgery Offers Advice About Facial Implant Procedures
If you are concerned about a small chin, an asymmetrical facial structure, or your facial contour, then you may consider facial implants from Boulder Plastic Surgery. Facial implants are compact materials designed to be compatible with your biological tissue that are formed specifically to enhance or amplify the structure of your face.
Types of Facial Implants
The goal of facial implants is to create balance and proportion in the face. There are a few different types:
- Cheek implants enhance the projection and contour of the cheekbones. They can add volumizing effects to areas of the face that may be flat or concave.
- Chin implants can increase the projection or size of a chin, or make it seem more proportional to the rest of the face. They can also improve the image of a recessed chin.
- Jaw implants increase the width of your lower face and add definition to your jawline.
Questions to Ask Your Doctor Prior to Facial Implant Surgery
As before any surgery, you want to be well informed of the procedure you are considering so you can be at ease with your decision. The following questions should be asked of your doctor before facial implant surgery:
- Questions regarding your doctor’s qualifications and experience
- Have you been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training have you had?
- Are you authorized to perform this procedure in hospitals?
- Is your office accredited by a national or state board? Is it state-licensed?
- Is it certified by Medicare?
- How many facial implant procedures have you performed?
- Questions regarding the procedure and recovery
- Do you think I am a good candidate for a facial implant procedure?
- Where and how will this be performed?
- What incision site and placement site do you recommend for my face?
- How much pain can I expect?
- How long is the typical recovery period for this procedure?
- What are the common complications or risks associated with facial implants?
- Other questions
- How are complications, if any, handled?
- What if I am not satisfied with the results? What are my options?
- Do you have photos available of before-and-after examples for this procedure?
- Can you tell me what results will be reasonable for me to expect in regard to before-and-after expectations?
Contact Boulder Plastic Surgery for a Consultation
If you would like to set up a consultation with one of our experienced, board-certified doctors, then please feel free to contact us. Our friendly staff will answer any questions you have and help you decide if this procedure is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you!