After losing large amounts of weight, many women feel confident and excited. However, if an excessive amount of extra skin is left, the satisfaction of getting fit can be soured by the appearance of sagging arm skin. If you are considering getting an arm lift in the Denver area, then we invite you to sit down for a consultation with our doctors here at Boulder Plastic Surgery to learn more about the procedure and its many benefits.
Show Off Your Arms After Getting Fit
After extensive weight loss, an arm lift is a sensible solution to tighten the loose skin that may hang from the upper arms. Muscles can be firmed with exercise, but skin cannot.
What do you need to know if you are considering an upper arm lift? Here are a few points to think about:
- Ideal candidates include people who have a lot of sagging, delicate skin hanging from the upper arm.
- Many patients report that scars can only be seen if the arms are raised completely above the head.
- The procedure is usually performed under general or local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
- There is not typically a lot of post-surgical pain with this procedure, but patients do have to be very careful with arm activity and movement for about two weeks after the procedure.
- Most women who undergo this procedure report having much more confidence in their appearance and satisfaction with their weight loss.
- It is important to bring a list of all questions to your consultation so you don’t forget to ask anything. Having a full understanding of any type of procedure before you go into it is essential.
Make Your Appointment For a Consultation Today
Give us a call at Boulder Plastic Surgery at (303) 443-2277 to speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives and schedule an appointment for a consultation. We provide a personal, professional, and caring environment, and we hope you’ll stop by our office at 2525 4th Street in Boulder, CO.