Many people are so eager to experience the positive effects of plastic surgery that they rush into the decision, choosing the first cheap place they find. These people can easily become victims of bad plastic surgery. Even if you’re doing something seemingly simple like a chemical peel or facial injection, you’d be surprised at how many non-certified spas try to perform procedures like these without the proper knowledge you’d receive from certified specialists like the ones you’ll find at Boulder Plastic Surgery. Keep these tips in mind when choosing your plastic surgeon:
- Choose a board certified physician – The plastic surgeons at Boulder Plastic Surgery are board certified members of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Board certified members of the ABPS are always up-to-date with the latest technology and techniques in plastic surgery procedures.
- Shop around – You want a physician that understands the results you’re looking for and is concerned with creating a specialized plan for you. It should raise some red flags if you find a doctor who is overly aggressive with suggesting multiple procedures or is just willing to give you whatever you want.
- Cheaper isn’t always better – If the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Do not go the cheaper route or try procedures in foreign countries. It may be cheap at first, but you’ll pay for it later.
- Be honest with your doctor – It’s important to be honest with your physician when it comes to disclosing facts about your medical history and lifestyle. Lying about how much you smoke, drink, exercise, or use drugs could be potentially life-threatening. Remember, your plastic surgeon isn’t here to judge you, just to ensure you are as healthy as possible.
- Don’t overdo it – While it may seem like a good idea to have a “package” of surgical procedures done all at once, it could lead to a longer, more painful recovery. Consult with your physician to create a reasonable surgical timeline plan for the best results.
- Trust the professionals – It’s important to adhere to doctor’s guidelines both before and after surgery to achieve optimum results, and heal as comfortably as possible. We don’t cut corners when it comes to your health, and neither should you.
Trust the Certified Professionals at Boulder Plastic Surgery
Choosing procedures with the board certified physicians at Boulder Plastic Surgery will ensure the optimal patient care and aesthetic results you desire. Whether you want breast augmentation, a facelift, nose job, liposuction, or facial injections or treatments, we’ll help tailor a plan that suits your needs. Schedule a consultation today and be on your way to achieving the look you desire in a safe and professional environment.