Are you considering a mommy makeover in the Boulder area? As much as mothers love their dear little children, most mothers do not love what those sweet angels did to their bodies during nine months of pregnancy. Skin and muscles stretching, unwanted weight gain, breasts sagging, hips widening; it’s all just part of the wonders of childbearing, right? Mothers these days know how to have the best of both worlds—children and a pre-pregnancy body to boot—by investing in a mommy makeover procedure.
This type of procedure can include a tummy tuck, liposuction, breast augmentation breast lift, or any combination of those procedures. Once you are done having children, you can elect to spend some time and money on yourself and give yourself more confidence by having a mommy makeover surgical procedure performed.
Things to Consider Prior to a Mommy Makeover
- You need some time off. Time off from your job, whether inside or outside of the home, is crucial for proper recovery. All surgical procedures have a needed recovery period, and most post-childbearing makeovers include tummy tucks, which require a lot of recovery time. Tummy tucks are serious procedures, and it is smart to arrange as much time off as possible, either away from work or away from home-work. You really need to rest and let others help out.
- Did you know that when you choose your implant style for breast augmentation, you do not just choose the size and volume? Implants are available in an assortment of profiles, which indicate the height and width of the implant. You do not want your implants to appear too high, too low, too far apart, or too close together. Choosing the profile is even more important than choosing the cup size.
- Keep in mind that your implants will look much larger when you first remove your bangages because of swelling. So don’t worry, you did not choose too large a size. You just need to wait for the swelling to go down.
- Get ready for an emotional rollercoaster ride. Surgical recovery is an emotional stretch because of fatigue, pain, and pain medication. Just be prepared for jumping between emotional extremes quite often during recovery.
- Many mothers feel guilty for putting themselves first. They spend so much time caring for their families, and often put their own needs on the back burner. Be prepared to throw away any feelings of guilt! You deserve to look and feel your best.
Contact us at Boulder Plastic Surgery for Further Information
Our very experienced surgeons and professional staff have taken patients through many mommy makeover procedures. We look forward to speaking with you regarding your potential post-childbearing surgery! Contact us anytime to schedule a consultation or get more information.