Trust Boulder Plastic Surgery for Breast Implants and Augmentation
If you are considering a breast implant procedure and are looking for highly-skilled surgeons in the Boulder area, we encourage you to contact or visit us at Boulder Plastic Surgery. Breast implant procedures are easily performed and very common in the United States, with thousands of successful surgeries each year, but it is still important to learn everything you can before undergoing a procedure yourself.
No matter what your reason for choosing breast implants — from reconstruction to aesthetic improvement — the patient, caring surgeons at Boulder Plastic Surgery want to help you reach your goals.
Breast Implants and Your Health
There are many important things to know about breast augmentation, but the most important aspects of the breast implant procedures involve your health before and after the surgery is performed.
- Women of all ages can be considered for breast implants. It is a myth that only women from a certain age group consider breast augmentation.
- You are eligible for a breast implant procedure only if you are in good health. Being healthy before your procedure reduces the risks of complications and post-operation infection.
- Breast implants have been shown to neither increase nor decrease your risk of breast cancer. It is important to maintain practices of good breast health (regular self-checks and mammograms) before and after obtaining breast implants.
Silicone vs. Saline Implants
The point of all breast augmentation surgeries is to increase the patient’s positive self-image. Breast implant procedures have been performed for over 50 years, and all of the varying materials used in the procedures have been shown to be safe by the FDA.
- Saline Implants – Utilizing a saline solution-filled silicone shell, these implants are less expensive than their silicone-filled counterparts, but they also produce a less natural appearance.
- Silicone Gel Implants – The more natural implant option (and the one preferred by the surgeons at Boulder Plastic Surgery), silicone gel breast implants offer a safe and effective way to enhance breast size and shape.
Boulder Plastic Surgery is Here for You
To learn more about the many procedures available at Boulder Plastic Surgery, contact our office today. We want to provide you with all of the information you need to make the right decision for you and your body. Proudly serving the Boulder and Denver areas with excellent surgical care, the staff at Boulder Plastic Surgery is looking forward to helping you.