When deciding to seek breast augmentation, one of the most important factors to consider is the size of your implant. It is important to consider your desired appearance and lifestyle issues before making a final decision.
Read on for tips to help you make an informed choice about the size of your breast augmentation.
Questions to Ask Before Choosing Breast Implant Size
Before selecting the proper size for your breast augmentation, there are a few questions to ask yourself and your surgeon to ensure that you’re making the most appropriate choice:
- How do I want to look?
- How will my augmentation fit my lifestyle?
Choosing the wrong size implant can negatively affect your perception of yourself and limit physical activities. In order to achieve the maximum benefit from your procedure, consider the following:
- How large are your breasts currently? Ensuring that you have adequate tissue available to cover the implants will guarantee a more attractive outcome.
- What is your chest and shoulder width? Choosing an implant that is the appropriate width for your frame will ensure a more natural looking result.
Using the “Rice” Test
The “rice” test is a very simple method to help you determine what size implant may work best for your body type. Simply fill a stocking with the recommended amount of rice and use this gauge to help you choose the ideal size for your augmentation.
The following list is designed to help you convert implant size (CCs) to rice measurements:
- 30cc – 1/8 cup rice
- 59cc – 1/4 cup rice
- 78cc – 1/3 cup rice
- 118cc – 1/2 cup rice
- 156cc – 2/3 cup rice
- 177cc – 3/4 cup rice
- 236cc – 1 cup rice
Trying on Implants for Size
During your sizing session, you will have the opportunity to try different implant sizes. With the use of a special bra designed to accommodate a variety of different sizes and shapes of implants, you will be able to see how each can affect your profile and change your body shape.
In order to get the best result from this sizing session, there are a number of things to keep in mind:
- Bring a good friend – While the final decision is yours, having a trusted friend to give you an unvarnished opinion can help to keep your enthusiasm in check.
- Try a variety of sizes – You probably already have an idea of what you would like to see, but trying sizes outside of your desired range will help you know what you should avoid.
- Ask for feedback – Our nurses have a great deal of experience helping women prepare for breast augmentation surgery and can provide valuable feedback and answer any questions you may have.
Schedule Your Consultation
For more information about choosing the right breast implant, contact our offices at (303) 578-4193 and schedule an appointment with one of our board certified plastic surgeons.