Are You Considering Liposuction in the Boulder Area?
It can be frustrating to put constant effort and willpower into dieting, exercising, and getting in shape, only to reach minimal or unsatisfying results. In these cases, we are happy to provide liposuction for Boulder area residents. If there is a certain area of your body that you are still not satisfied with after diet and exercise, then this may be the right option for you.
What is Liposuction?
Lipoplasty is another term for the surgical procedure more commonly referred to as liposuction. It is also called suction-assisted body contouring, liposculpture, and suction lipectomy. No matter what you call it, liposuction includes the use of a surgical tool and a vacuum pump to remove undesired fat from a particular area of the body.
This type of surgery can be used to eliminate fat from the abdomen, the buttocks, the hips, the inner and outer thighs, above the knees, the upper arms, or any other part of the body that fatty tissue takes up permanent residence.
Am I an Ideal Candidate for Liposuction Surgery?
Not just anyone can have a lipoplasty performed. Ideal candidates for liposuction usually meet the following criteria:
- You must be in generally good health, with no current diseases or pre-existing conditions.
- You must realistically understand the potential outcome of a liposuction procedure. Open and detailed communication with your surgeon regarding what to expect beforehand is very important.
- You must understand that liposculpture is not a weight loss method. You should be at a consistent and healthy weight before you have the surgery. The surgery is meant to remove stubborn pockets of fat that are unaffected by diet and exercise.
- Your skin should have good elasticity, which means it will tighten up over the area from which the fat was removed. If your skin does not have good elasticity, you may need to have the excess skin removed as well.
- You must realize that the healing and recovery period will require a patient and positive attitude.
- If you take antidepressants or anti-anxiety drugs, you must disclose this to your surgeon and anesthesiologist so they can avoid possible complications.
Schedule Your Consultation at Boulder Plastic Surgery Today!
If you are thinking about liposuction and would like to get more information, please contact us at Boulder Plastic Surgery! Our friendly and professional staff will be happy to review all of your available options with you.