Over the past few years, minimally invasive plastic surgery procedures have increased by almost six percent, illustrating that patients are beginning to desire having work done with subtler effects. The reason for this is likely because the majority of those who are interested in receiving some form of plastic surgery simply wish to enhance their natural appearance rather than undergo a complete physical makeover. There are a variety of reasons to choosing a less invasive procedure.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Procedures
Before we discuss the benefits of minimally invasive procedures, it’s important to define what that term means exactly. Since “minimally invasive” is relative to the procedure itself, it can be a hard term to qualify. Most often, a minimally invasive surgery boils down using the smallest incision possible. However, some minimally invasive procedures rely on ultra-violet light or chemical washes, so there may be no incisions whatsoever. The advantages of opting for a minimally invasive surgery include:
- Quick Recovery Time: Smaller incisions mean less time required to heal. Minimally invasive procedures allow patients to return to their normal lifestyles as quickly as possible.
- Lower Cost: When it comes to time versus money, choosing a procedure that’s not as invasive, or uses a less invasive technique, can help you save in the long run. That’s because a minimally invasive surgery doesn’t require as many resources to perform.
- Less Scarring: Smaller incisions mean reduced swelling, discoloration, trauma to normal tissue, and less scarring.
The Most Popular Kinds of Minimally Invasive Surgeries
From skincare to body reshaping, there are a full range of minimally invasive procedures that will have you looking and feeling better with very little downtime. The following procedures are quite popular amongst our patients:
- Broad Band Light Treatment: Using measured pulses of light, we can treat a variety of skin conditions through this simple, non-invasive procedure.
- Botox Injections: To smooth out fine facial lines and wrinkles, a Botox injection can improve their appearance without requiring any incisions whatsoever.
- Ear Re-sculpturing: This minimally invasive procedure reshapes ears by setting them back closer to the head and can correct physical ear deformities that may present complications later in life.
- Scar Revision: While it won’t completely eliminate a scar in most cases, a scar revision surgery is minimally invasive and can drastically improve the appearance of a scar.
Boulder Plastic Surgery Offers Minimally Invasive Surgeries
If you’re considering a minimally invasive procedure, our doctors at Boulder Plastic Surgery can perform them at competitive prices. Our Forever Young Light Treatment is one such procedure we offer that is cost-effective and will have you looking younger in no time. To receive a consultation, contact us at 303-578-4193.