Properly Preparing for Liposuction Increases the Likelihood of a Successful Surgery!
It can be very frustrating and discouraging if you diet and exercise persistently and still can’t seem to get rid of fat in certain areas of your body. If you are experiencing this frustration, you may consider liposuction in the Denver area. This procedure is beneficial for people who have concentrated fatty deposits that are not responding to non-surgical treatment options.
Liposuction is very popular, and it has become a customary technique for those wanting to remove persistent bulk that seems unaffected by reduced caloric intake or increased workouts. Although it is popular, it is imperative to keep in mind that it is a surgical procedure, and you must take precautions and prepare for liposuction as you would any other serious operation.
During Your Consultation
During your consultation with your potential surgeon, you will want to make sure to discuss exactly what your desired results are. Your doctor can then be honest about realistic expectations and possible results.
You’ll also discuss your medical history, previous surgeries, medical conditions, medications, supplements, and lifestyle. One of our surgeons will answer all of your questions, and if you decide the procedure is right for you, then you can schedule a procedure.
In the Weeks Before Your Liposuction Surgery
- Do not smoke. If you are a smoker, you will need to stop smoking at least a few weeks before your surgery. This reduces your probability of experiencing complications during recovery.
- Do not consume any medications containing aspirin for at least a couple of weeks before your procedure. Taking aspirin could impair the function of blood clotting systems in the body.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 12 hours before your surgery. Anesthesia will be administered, which means your stomach needs to be empty. If it is not, your anesthesia will not be completely safe.
- Do not try to go on a crash diet or strict diet prior to surgery. This could weaken your body, which is not optimal for your strength during surgery and recovery.
- The night before the procedure, take a bath or shower as you normally would.
- Wear comfortable, baggy clothes the day of your procedure.
- Make sure you have someone available to bring you home after your surgery. Also, you will need someone to remain with you and help you for the night after your procedure.
Boulder Plastic Surgery Will Make Sure You Are Prepared!
At Boulder Plastic Surgery, we will make sure all of your questions are answered prior to scheduling a procedure. You can start asking these questions during your consultation, which you can schedule online or by phone. We will also give you detailed instructions to follow so you can properly prepare for your procedure in order to have a healthy surgery with optimal results. Our professional, highly trained staff is looking forward to speaking with you!