Common Questions About ProFractional Laser Treatment
Cosmetic treatments are constantly being revolutionized with state-of-the-art technology, and here at Boulder Plastic Surgery, our ProFractional laser treatment promises superior surgical care for Denver area residents. Whether you’re looking to reverse signs of aging, reduce the appearance of scars, or just smooth out wrinkles, lines, and other abnormalities, our main focus is to restore and rejuvenate your skin’s youthful vigor.
Below we provide answers to some common questions about ProFractional laser treatment in order to help you decide if it may be right for you.
What is a ProFractional Laser?
- The ProFractional laser is a revolutionary tool that can be used to treat only the problematic areas of one’s skin, without any adverse effects on the surrounding tissue. The laser stimulates collagen production and the body’s natural healing processes around the affected area, rejuvenating aging and blemished spots in the skin.
How Painful is the Procedure?
- We will apply anesthetic cream at the start of the laser treatment. This will numb the skin, while the laser will cause a warm tingling sensation. The entire procedure is relatively painless.
How Long is a Treatment Session and the Recovery Process?
- Generally, each session takes fifteen to thirty minutes depending on the size of the area being treated. The recovery period is minimal and should only last two days.
What Are the Side Effects?
- There is usually some redness, slight swelling, and skin sensitivity.
Are There Negative Effects of the ProFractional Laser Treatment?
- It’s important to take very good care of your skin after the treatment since it does cause some mild sensitivity. Severe weather and excessive exposure to sunlight should be limited in the immediate period following the procedure.
Make an Appointment With Boulder Plastic Surgery Today!
For more information on ProFractional laser treatment, schedule an appointment with us at our office at 2525 4th St. in Boulder. Our surgeons have over 38 years of combined experience regarding innovative treatments and cutting-edge technology in the cosmetic surgery field. We look forward to meeting you!