For Rhinoplasty and Nose Reshaping Procedures, Visit Boulder Plastic Surgery
Patients come to us for cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, whether it’s to correct a health problem or boost self-confidence. Likewise, Boulder patients seek us out for nose reshaping, or rhinoplasty, either to improve the appearance and proportion of their nose or to correct a breathing problem. This could be due to heredity or an injury. An appealing nose structure promotes harmony on your face and therefore harmony in your life, so visit us today to see if this procedure is right for you.
What You Need to Know About Rhinoplasty
Here are some details to consider before deciding if nose reshaping surgery is right for you:
- Be sure that your desire to reshape your nose is an internal decision, not an external fulfillment of someone else’s ideal image. Your goals for your appearance must be specific and realistic.
- You must be 13 years of age or older, and your facial growth must be complete.
- You must be physically healthy.
- Ideal patients should not smoke.
- Factors under consideration for a rhinoplasty procedure:
- Nose size (in relation to other facial structures)
- Nose width (at its bridge)
- Nose profile (particularly with regard to visible humps or depressions on the bridge)
- Nasal tip (if it’s large, bulbous, drooping, or too upturned)
- Nostrils (if they’re too large, wide, or upturned)
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
As with any surgical procedure, there are a number of risks involved. We will review all possible risks and side effects of your procedure with you beforehand to ensure a safe and informed treatment experience. Some possible risks of rhinoplasty include:
- Rupture of small surface vessels of the nose
- Poor wound healing
- Anesthesia reactions
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Nose asymmetry
- Cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Change in skin sensation (numbness)
- Pain, which may persist
Make an Appointment for Further Information
Schedule a free consultation today through our simple online system. Our doctors will be happy to sit down with you and review whether or not nose reshaping surgery is right for you. At Boulder Plastic Surgery, we encourage all of our patients to embrace a well-rounded wellness regimen, so come see us today!