Learn About Scar Removal Near Denver at Boulder Plastic Surgery
If you are looking for information on scar removal in the Denver area, visit or call Boulder Plastic Surgery to discuss your options. You can expect only the highest quality of care from our staff, and we will happily schedule a free consultation to go over any questions or concerns you have. With today’s advanced medical technology, you no longer have to live with acne blemishes, reminders of previous injuries, or scars from surgical incisions.
We Offer a Number of Different Types of Scar Removal Procedures
Scar removal is a common procedure, and we see many patients in our Denver area office looking to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes. While surgical removal of nevi, lipomas, and skin lesions/melanoma is more common, we are able to perform a variety of scar removal procedures depending on your skin type and desired results. Our Pulse Dye Vascular Laser also gives us the versatility to safely and easily treat a range of scars. Visit us to discuss the different procedures that may work for you, including:
- Pressure and Massage – Sometimes going the more conservative treatment route is the best option. Repeated massages using vitamin E could improve the appearance of scars dramatically.
- Zig-Zag-Plasty – This is a technique that involves excising a scar and replacing the initial line with a geometric broken line. This wound typically heals with less tension, and replaces a straight-line scar with one that’s less noticeable to the eye. This is the most common technique used when handling facial scars, and it’s also the most successful.
- Re-Excision – Using simple excision and re-closure of the wound can yield positive results. It can also be used to help change a jagged cut into a nice, clean surgical incision.
- Cortisone Drugs – There are different types of cortisone drugs that can be used as either topical preparations, injections, or in the form of special tapes. These can be used to improve a scar’s appearance and sometimes circumvent the need for surgery.
- Dermabrasion or Laser Resurfacing – This technique, sometimes referred to as “surgical skin planning,” is used to smooth down scars that are raised or uneven. This is typically used for patients suffering from acne scarring or scars brought on by injury.