Our skin is one of the largest and most amazing organs of the human body, but despite its rejuvenating powers it is subject to damage. Wrinkles and facial lines are ways fragile skin shows that it’s wearing. Boulder Plastic Surgery specializes in many types of wrinkle removal procedures, but here are some simple tips for you to try to help prevent such lines from showing.
- Avoid the sun – Being tan in the summer may look great, but many studies have shown that extensive exposure to the sun can cause wrinkles over an extended period of time.
- Wear sunscreen – This simple step will not only help prevent wrinkles, it will help to protect against various types of skin cancer.
- Find some great sunglasses – Not only will this protect the fragile skin around your eyes, it will cause you to squint less. That in turn will make your face relax and help fight facial lines, too.
- Get reading glasses – You may not think you need prescription glasses, but it’s worth keeping regular appoints because if you squint, you’re overtaxing your facial muscles. When those muscles get overworked, a groove will appear, which will eventually become a wrinkle.
- Don’t smoke – Not all research agrees, but most experts believe that smoking cigarettes causes skin to age prematurely.
- Get enough sleep – Simply put, when you have consistent and adequate sleep, you’re body produces human growth hormone. One of its benefits is that it makes skin more elastic, which helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Sleep on your back – One thing to remember is that it’s best to sleep on your back, which reduces sleep lines. This type of facial line can become etched into your skin over a long period of time.
These preventative measures are helpful, but there is a range of options open to you for rejuvenating your skin. Some minimally invasive anti-aging procedures include possibilities like:
- Injectable facial fillers
- Cosmetic face & neck lift
- Eye Brow or forehead lift
Contact the caring professionals at Boulder Plastic Surgery today to find out about what are the best options for you. Whether you’re in Denver, Golden, or closer to Boulder, they can discuss the details of various procedures with you.