Continuing our article from yesterday, let’s take a lot at the top 5 hot trends in the cosmetic surgery industry.
- Good fat. Not everyone wants to get rid of their fat, but rather put it someplace else. A fairly new trend in cosmetic procedures involves making breasts and lips bigger and a face looking plumper by transferring fat from the patient’s abdomen or buttocks to the face, instead of using gel fillers.
- Filler up. The place we first notice aging is our face, which is why injectable facial fillers have worked wonders in propelling the cosmetic surgery industry forward. These are gels that are injected into areas of the face to smooth out wrinkles and plump the skin, sculpting the contours of the face to create a more youthful look.
- Lift it up. While injectable fillers are great for deep lines and wrinkles, the only way to get rid of sagging skin on the face, neck, brows, or eyes is with a lift. While these procedures are invasive and involve cutting and healing time, the newer techniques ensure minimal cutting as opposed to previous generations. Whereas a brow lift in the past may have involved cutting along the entire hairline, smaller incisions are used, resulting in a much easier healing process. Patients can now opt for only an eyelid or brow lift instead of having to lift the whole face.
- Breast augmentation is back. Whether it’s for strictly cosmetic reasons or party of post-cancer reconstructive surgery, breast augmentation is the 2nd most popular cosmetic procedure after liposuction. Patients have the choice between saline or silicone implants, both delivering more natural looks and less painful recoveries than previous generations.
- Fat rules! Well, not literally, but liposuction is still the #1 cosmetic surgery performed in the U.S., providing the quickest, most effective means of removing excess fat from the body, especially those stubborn pockets that do not respond to diet and exercise.
Contact Boulder Plastic Surgery if you’re considering any kind of cosmetic procedure. Our board certified plastic surgeons specialize in all areas of both invasive and non-invasive cosmetic treatments to help you achieve the look you desire. Call us at 303-443-2277 to schedule a consultation.