Until very recently, plastic surgery was always considered a bit taboo for men, but recent developments have reassured curious customers that cosmetic procedures aren’t just for women. Each year the number of men undergoing procedures has gone up, and we’ve seen evidence of this trend personally here at Boulder Plastic Surgery. Here are some of the top cosmetic procedures that we regularly perform for our male patients.
- Eyelid Surgery – This is the procedure that first started to attract men to plastic surgery. Often dubbed “Executive Surgery,” it is used to remove bags from beneath the eyes, creating a more youthful look.
- Liposuction – These days, liposuction has evolved to more than just removing fat. Many men choose to receive what is called high-definition liposuction on their stomach. New technology allows us to melt fat before removing it, which causes the tissue to contract. The skin can then be molded to form a traditional “six pack” shape.
- Rhinoplasty – This procedure can be performed both for cosmetic purposes as well as to fix blocked airways. We can alter the shape of your nose, remove bumps, and even out your nostrils.
- Ear Reshaping – Our ears continue to grow throughout our lives, with men’s ears typically growing faster than women’s. This can result in ears that appear to be too large or are different sizes.
- Gynecomastia – This is a breast-reduction procedure for men. Some men are born with more than average chest tissue, which can result in self-consciousness over their appearance. Other individuals who are attempting to lose weight often struggle with reducing the amount of built-up fat in these areas.
Contact Boulder Plastic Surgery for More Information
Are you interested in learning more about plastic surgery procedures for men? Make an appointment for a consultation at Boulder Plastic Surgery to learn about what we can do for you. We’re located at 2525 4th Street in Boulder, CO. You can reach our office at (303) 443-2277.