Men and women who want the prominent cheekbones of models or the strong jawline and well-structured chins of leading men and women of Hollywood have several different options. Boulder Plastic Surgery can give patients the facial features they desire with the help of facial implants—specially designed solid materials that are implanted into the face to restructure and enhance facial features. Unlike many other facial rejuvenation procedures, results are permanent with facial implants.
Am I a Candidate for Facial Implants?
For optimal results, it is best to wait until the bone structure of the skull and face has fully matured before proceeding with facial implants. Most facial implant procedures occur after late adolescence. To be a good candidate for facial implants:
- You are in good physical health
- You avoid bad habits, such as smoking and chewing tobacco
- You know what you want improved and have set goals as well as a positive outlook
Types of Facial Implants
Facial implants are made up of materials that are compatible with human tissue and are created to match your face size and goals. Our surgeons can augment any area of the face, but there are three areas most patients look to enhance:
- Cheeks: Facial implants for the cheeks will add volume to recessed or flat cheekbones.
- Chin: Chin implants can be used to improve the proportion of facial features. With chin implants, you can increase the chin’s size and projection to complement the forehead and mid-face.
- Jaw: A weak jaw can cause the lower third of your face to appear less defined. With jaw implants, our surgeons can increase the width of the jaw to create better ear-to-chin angles and balance it out from the neckline.
Side Effects of Facial Implants
Following facial implants, patients may notice some temporary side effects. Those side effects may include:
- Slight discomfort
We offer post-procedure tips to help relieve any discomfort, but remember that these side effects are normal. If you receive jaw implants, you may not be able to fully open your mouth for several weeks. It’s important to plan for these post-procedure side effects.
Call Today for a Facial Implant Consultation
The surgeons at Boulder Plastic Surgery are here to answer your questions about facial implants. If you want to learn more about facial implants and how they can improve your facial features, please schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 303-578-4193.